Friday, December 22, 2006

Official Marathon Preparation – PART 2

Time left until the big day: 3 months, 30 days, 23 hours and 8 minutes
State of mind: Illusive

Okay, this was my official first week of Marathon Training. The schedule has been hanging on the door, quite obtrusive, in sight of everything I do and I should have run 3 times by now and gone swimming once…

If I separate the issue I can confirm I have done something 3 times, unfortunately it had not much to do with running nor swimming, albeit the latter comes a tad bit closer…assuming having a pint in the pub counts as swimming - well something inside me is at that moment anyway.

I blame the freezing fog, or black ice as I conveniently call it. Someone actually told me it was bad to run in fog, I immediately believed him and ordered another pint.

Anyways, enough about my failings this week – will run soon I promise (myself).

On an entirely different note, I decided to volunteer to work at Crisis next week for four days, well nights actually. Crisis is a charity that between 23-30 December opens seven centres in London offering the homeless companionship, a meal and a bed. I will do 4 night shifts starting Christmas Eve, I am not really prepared but looking forward to the experience. I will try to run around that and report back probably next week or so.

In the mean time, I like to wish all of you a very good Christmas, enjoy the time you will spend with family and friends and please do have a drink for me.

Take care,
AZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home