Friday, March 09, 2007

Hurray!

Time left until the big day: 1 month 13 days 16 hours and 6 minutes
State of mind: …HURRAY (probably temporarily, knowing myself)

OK so pretty excited today and I for one never expected to say that after I successfully spent in excess of £200 on therapies and new sporting gear!

Thing is, I (finally) had a proper analysis on how I run – they call it gait analysis. The reason I decided to go see a physiotherapist was to find the cause of my persistent knee problems that kept me from proper training.

I had, in the misery of not training, convinced myself it was either Chondromalacia (Runners Knee) or Iliotibial Band Syndrome (I-T). Both very common knee injuries, but am glad to say that is not the case!

I showed no sign of either injury, although the pain I experienced was very similar. But no, I am irregular, unbalanced and crooked! Well that is to say my running is….;-) So why the Hurray I hear you say… well for one it is nice to be different, but that is besides the case, it means it is (in most cases) easily fixed!

Now that I know I am a person, whose feet, ankles and kneecaps live a rather twisted life when left to their own devices, all I need to do is fix it– i.e. new shoes! So that’s what I did today – got myself a nice pair of shining new trainers made for people like me (apparently there are others out there with similar problems ;-).

Special thanks to Karen from footmechanix for doing the whole thing and advising me what shoes to buy! With roughly 5 weeks to go (whenever I write that I do get nervous!) everything is still very possible.

Somehow the chorus of this song of Paolo Nutini suddenly makes sense…;-)

To Listen to it click here
Chorus goes like this...Hey, I put some new shoes on, and suddenly everything is right, I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling, it so inviting,

Take care all!

AZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home