Thursday, April 19, 2007

.....(drum roll)....

Time left until the big day: 2 days 23 hours and 50 minutes
State of mind: Excitement outweighs nerves by far…

Picked up my running number yesterday at the Excel registration. And it is starting to dawn on me it is really going to happen. My denial seems futile…I will have to run 26.2 miles (42 kilometers)!

And I am getting nervously excited about it all. Friends have been giving me tips on what to bring, to do and most importantly what not to do…It looks like it will be a warm and sunny day too (yikes!).

For those sitting at home and following it on TV - BBC1. (from their nice comfy sofa’s) my running number is 41929 and I will be wearing a white vest with the logo of the charity I am raising money for: Merlin and my trademark fluorescent Yellow Cap.

I know some of you indicated to want to come and support me …That would be great! The more the merrier! I am chuffed that my family is coming to support me as well. Afterwards we will go to the Ship and Shovel Pub to celebrate and in my case site down! With luck and determination, I will be there by around 3pm – I aim to cross the finish line between 2.15 and 2.45…

Location:
Merlin Reception: The Ship and Shovel Pub
1-3 Craven Passage (very close by Charing Cross Station)
London, WC2N 5PH

It would be great to see you there!

Next message will be when I have pulled it off…

All the best,

AZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home