Saturday, April 14, 2007

I will be okay…right?

Time left until the big day: 7 days 23 hours and 4 minutes
State of mind: Extremely worried about not being worried…

I can’t believe the Marathon is next weekend. I feel I am completely in denial and the bit that worries me the most is the fact that I am not worried at all. Technically, I am a tad bit behind with my training – and that is a slight understatement – but mentally I feel well up for it.

My original training schedule is hanging, slightly feathered, up on the wall with loads of empty slots where I failed to fill out the appropriate mileage. And I know the following:

Fact: It will hurt!
Fact: I might (perhaps will is a more appropriate word) not enjoy every single mile, if any!
Fact: I will finish (don’t ask me how though) and feel fantastic afterwards, right?

My holiday to Ecuador was not greatly timed, but the 14 days at high altitude did me some good, I suspect. My first run back in the UK and I felt like I was flying across the road what with the increased ability to absorb oxygen – which is what spending time in high altitude does…apparently. Unfortunately that effect will be long gone by 22 April.

One thing I noticed it that my calves protested rather loudly the first couple of days, so I decided to book in for a sports massage and now I know that sports massage stands for voluntarily torture session for which you need to pay! Geeez...”Does this hurt she asked?” I couldn't even answer, my voice had completely disappeared, that was how much it hurt! I was sore for a day and a half! Do feel better for it now though as it really loosened my calves and thighs...she focussed on my legs only (obviously).

I will be picking up my running number on Wednesday, which I will publish later on for those of you wanting to support me from the comfort of there own home. ;-)

I will be okay, right?

Oh and it is still not too late to sponsor me and help me raise money for Merlin - Click here please - Many Many thanks!

Cheers
AZ

PS: On an extremely funny note: Go to Google – type in “official marathon preparation” and you will find my blog ranking number 1 and 2! Click here to check

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home